Discuss Hunt The Loo Seat !!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbbobshan

Hi,
Just my the best part of the day on this computer looking for a toilet seat to fit my loo. The pan is made by Gala bought from B and Q about 5 years ago. The model of the seat is loa , well that is what is embossed on the lid . It's seams to be a good quality piece of kit with no colour fade or rusty hinges . Apart from the crack that keeps niping my bum . Dose any body know where i can get one ?

many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried going back to B & Q.
They may still sell them.

I just typed in gala loa & loads come up screwfix, etc

Hello - I have just read your toilet seat problem and it was as though I was writing it - I have exactly the same problem with the same Gala Loa seat and cant find one anywhere - how did you resolve your problem?
cheers

sorry but its doubtfull the guy will come back as he logged in as a guest and it was well over a year ago, i guess your new to forums

Try taking your existing seat to b and q and see if you can match it to something similar

Gaffa tape works fine on mine! No the same toilet seat but the same issue

Just to say that I had the same problem, I searched high and low for a replacement and found one for £120 which I thought I am not paying that.

I got a soft close seat from the bath store £29 (monte carlo) to fit instead. I got it to work by removing all the old seat parts including the rubber joins, to make the fit.

Its not a perfect match to the shape of the bowl, but it still looks good and most people would not notice.

I hope this helps.

Al Reet lads ,yes i am still here , the toilet seat hunt has restarted .I think some one said that they are available from TRAVIS PERKINS ! Not sure about this but going to try them next week . I got a a loo seat last time from Bathstore but that has bust as well now , fat bums in our house.

Try here. measure the existing seat and compare. The Thermoplastic are the cheap bendy ones and the thermoset are the rigid ones.

Celmac | Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hunt The Loo Seat !!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock