Discuss how to stop tapping / clicking noises from central heating pipes even though there not on? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Changed from a gravity feed boiler system to a combi boiler and had problems with noisy pipes? About 4 weeks ago now had a new combi boiler installed, and from day 1 had noises from the heating pipes even though not on. Thought I was just up grading to a more modern space saving cost efficient running system didn’t realise I was going from a low pressure system to a high. Anyhow from day 1 I’m getting light tapping and clicking noises from central heating pipes even though there not on and it’s all round the house. It’s keeping me a awake at night hardly getting any sleep, does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this as its driving me insane? Its fairly faint in the day what with other daily noises drowning it out but at night its SOOO annoying. To me it sounds like a dripping but been 4 weeks now and no sign of water anywhere plus read the meter at night and checked again next morning still same, could be air in the system but I’ve bleed the radiators also turned the stop tap off and run taps till water stopped then turned back on still got the noise. On the first day of install the old system was taken out so cold water was now coming from the mains, I heard the noises that night, the next day the boiler was fitted so I’m sure it’s not the boiler more the pipes, I’ve had severn trent check the water pressure in the area as from day 1 the cold tap started leaking and a downstairs toilet kept dripping after should shut off so water went into overflow, 4 days later upstairs toilet did the same and recently washer machine water feed leaked but been told pressure in area 1.9bar. So im at a lose of what to do, hopefully some advice on this sight can help (fingers crossed).

Reply to how to stop tapping / clicking noises from central heating pipes even though there not on? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back