Search the forum,

Discuss How to stop a shower back feeding? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Can anyone please give advice on our Grohe Smart shower. It initially starts off hot for 30 seconds then goes luke warm, initially tried a new cartridge and it’s still the same and we have also checked the inlets and both clear. We now thing it has something to do with the water feed?

Test Data:
Filled 2 buckets from hot and cold sink taps - they were the same time so therefore it appears to be the same pressure.

Removed the cartridge from the shower and let the mixed water pour out, it starts hot (cold supply delayed) but then quickly goes luke warm when mixed? So the cartridge appears to be fed by luke warm water after one minute and it is unable to go hot again?

The water also comes out the inlets with equal pressure.

hot sink tap temp =55C
Cold sink tap temp =17C

We have a pressurised hot tank fed from the cold.

Is it possible for these Grohe cartridge showers to work in a pressurised unvented hot water system?
Any help grateful received?

Is the cold feed from a balanced supply?
The hot water cylinder will have an inlet control group , part of what this does is to lower the pressure of the incoming mains if required. If your cold feed to the shower is taken from before this it could potentially be at a higher pressure than the hot.

hot sink tap temp =55C
Cold sink tap temp =17C

With the cartridge removed then the mixed flow should be 36C, if equal flows = equal pressures?.

Reply to How to stop a shower back feeding? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock