Discuss How to increase water pressure to cater for 3 showers and 2 small kitchens in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Asel

I am in the process of refurbing a flat in a period house. The flat includes the 1st and second floors. The plan is to put 2 shower rooms on the first floor and another in the loft.

My plumber has now indicated that there is an issue with the water pressure from the mains. He reckons there is only one bar of water coming into the property and has asked me to reduce number of shower rooms.

I am trying to find a solution which will allow me to keep the 3 shower rooms. Can anyone please advise of any new technology available to enable increased water pressure for all 3 showers and 2 small kitchens. Thanks.

If you have room you could have stored water and use pumps, as one shower is in the loft then my guess is that you won't have room for that.
Is your combi/unvented etc. up to the job of feeding hot water to all those outlets?
My guess is that whatever you try you will still end up phoning the water board up and asking them to upgrade your mains.
If it is a lead mains then there are lead replacement schemes where you only have to pay for part of the work involved.

We have not even selected the boiler as yet as still trying to figure out how to overcome the water pressure issue ...

There is some space in the loft near the shower room and of course plenty of eaves ...

Doesn't mean that it'll take the weight.

In all honesty you're looking at getting your incoming main upgraded to cope with both the pressure and the flow rate.

We have not even selected the boiler as yet

Don't even think about a combi. It's got to be either a mains upgrade and unvented cylinder(s) or as mentioned, break tank and pump.

Dont even think about the boiler selection. It will not solve your problem as boiler manfacturers are the slaves of physics just like the rest of us.

Either get the supply uprated, or create some substantial storage.

Storage. Is that 1bar static or dynamic what's the flow rate? U need a BOosted cold water set up and a 2000l tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to increase water pressure to cater for 3 showers and 2 small kitchens in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock