Discuss How to increase my salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm employed as a plumber and GSR. I currently earn £11 an hour for a 40 hour week (£23k). I am provided with a less than 3yr old van and company clothing. If I finish early in the day due to speed I am still paid the full day but if I run over I get overtime. I've worked for the same company since I was 21 and am now 25.

I've recently asked my boss for a payrise. I like working there so don't wish to move on. He surprised me by asking the question 'come up with a way of earning more money and I'll consider it?'

I've thought of asking for a lower salary and then getting paid a percentage for each job. So the quicker I work the more I get paid? I'm not really up to speed on salaries so could anyone offer advice on this, or do you have an incentive that works at your company? Appreciate any SENSIBLE replies please ;)

thanks

Don't ask for a lower salary! Are you in a position to start out self employed? Or see what other local companies are paying.

Does your firm do private domestic customers?
Just a thought but you could suggest you could bring extra work in and take a cut of the extra profits. Sort of sales work while you work.

Hi jim what's your average week work wise? What kind of jobs are you doing? Also are you acs qualified and fitting boilers etc for this £11 per hour?

Yeah the company just does domestic. I tend to keep the people I know for weekend privates as I only work Monday to Friday.

Hi. Don't fancy self employed. Like going home at night and not having customers hassle me.

have 2 phones, one for work only. answer during your working hours only.

once you have been self employed for a while, you wouldnt easily go back.
I was offered £8 / hour employed the other day.. by someone looking for house bashers..
"great" I thought, "just 80p over minimum wage for the kinds skills and tools we have to have"

I would rather work 3 days a week self employed than full time for a ****taker

Personally think your boss is laughing all the way to the bank and you're being underpaid.

if your just plumbing I would say that is the going rate, if you want more get gas or oil tickets, become an expert in one area, make yourself the golden boy, then you have a means of negotiating, as you are there are loads out there able to take your place, harsh but true and your boss is in business and knows this

What part of the country are you in?

let me guess! sailsbury?

you dont want self employed but you do foriegners? your already s-emp part time.
is that on your own gas ticket?

try the BG approach, you need a power flush or you need a filter.
take that back and ask for 10% sales commision

let me guess! sailsbury?

you dont want self employed but you do foriegners? is that on your own gas ticket?

try the BG approach, you need a power flush or you need a filter.
take that back and ask for 10% sales commision

Where does it say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to increase my salary? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock