Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss how much you chargeing for putting in a bathroom suite?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys....don't normally come in this section!! just wondering how much you guys charge for putting in a straight swap bath,basin and ped,c/c wc, elec shower and putting in a heated towel rail?? haven't done anything like this for awhile...but its for a friend of a friend!! normally just stick to the heating side of things. Any comments would be welcome.

no such thing as a straight swap, as you always have to fiddle or adjust something!

Think yoare looking at £800 ish, depending how much work the electric shower takes - however bargain basement plumbing I am not - this is full wack and rightfully so, as I am experienced and do the job properly without mishap . . .

straight swop bathroom i usually price at 350 for a pretty standard suite anything fancy obviously it goes up this would include the usual bits and bobs new pan con traps and small alterations to supplies
towel rail and valves as supplied by customer drain cut back under floor and alter about 150
electric shower again if supplied by customer and replacing an existing more or less straight swop 80 quid
so id round it up and call it 600
extra if they want me to clear the rubbish

well this has opened my eyes....was gonna charge £250!! way way way undercharging myself!! gonna call it £400 with all the bits....will prob have most of them in my garage! thanks lads.

I would be in the region of £400-£600 depends if i was removing tiles and disposing of old suite and waste.

Re: how much you chargeing for putting in a bathroom suite?

I as thinking £598.87 ;)

will prob have most of them in my garage! thanks lads.

I used to fall into this trap,thinking to myself,I have this and that in shed any way but you have still paid for bits at some time so should be charged out accordingly

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually £300 for materials and daily rate. Based on one day for WC, one for basin, one for bath, one for supply, one for waste, one for HTR, one for shower tray, one for screen, one for shower, one for tiling, one for grouting and cleaning up. A simple bathroom with WC, basin and bath is probably two days and a complete change with underfloor heating, tiling, painting and woodwork nearly three weeks.

It all depends ... as changing a WC and nothing else can easily take just a couple of hours - I've said this to prove I'm not a snail!!

I as thinking £598.87 ;)

I used to fall into this trap,thinking to myself,I have this and that in shed any way but you have still paid for bits at some time so should be charged out accordingly

lol.....i used to work for birmingham city council and have a vast amount of "stock" which i built up from their stores and when i took my redundancy 3 years ago i took some more and still have plenty left!!! good times they were.....i never paid for any materials for my "foreigners" for 11 years!!

I as thinking £598.87 ;)

unlesss the bits that are in the garage were aquired and not bought, but i still agree they should be charged for, have to admit i am way under the prices you guys are talking about, i know some are talking about stripping tiles and removing rubbish etc as extras, but we used to do a straight swap bathroom suite and a sink unit in the same house, the labourers dumped all the rubbish and we kept the scrap, all done for 3.30pm every day, even as a homer i would be looking to be finished by 4.30 so 8 x what you charge ph plus £50 for bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much you chargeing for putting in a bathroom suite?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock