Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss how much should I charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredrico84

Hi'

I'm a plumber who always worked for big companies so I'm not good with prcing private jobs. I just got a private job where customer says he has two leaks on two seprate radiotors, he want to fix them and change valve to TRV's. No boiler, F&E tank which takes longer to drain. How much should I charge customer?

Thanks for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decide on an hourly rate and work to that. You know what TRVs cost. Do you not have a pipe freezing machine? Can you not plug F&E?

Decide on an hourly rate and work to that. You know what TRVs cost. Do you not have a pipe freezing machine? Can you not plug F&E?

Customers providing the TRV's. Yes I can plug F&E which I might actually do. I just want a roughly price guide. would ÂŁ200 be a good price?

Too much I'd say. Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours should it? Coupe of valves. ÂŁ200 is sort of top-end day-rate really. The real experienced in-demand guys who are gas registered are the only ones who might hope for more than that. ÂŁ100 max I'd say.

yeah I don't think its gonna take more than few hours...but hey no jobs too small ;)...ÂŁ100? okay, that's cool with me. thanks for your advice peeps.

Charge what you thinks about right , ÂŁ100 is reasonable up north id charge about ÂŁ80

ah the north south divide im afraid nowadays is a pure myth cost should be the same all over

is this replacing 2 rads or are the rads ok? 2 trvs and on an vented system ?

150 if replacing the rads like for like. be gone by dinner if they make nice cups of tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how much should I charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock