Discuss how many toilets can enter 110mm soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

looking at some light commercial,how many toilets can flow into 1 110mm soil pipe ,done a search cant find anything definite.. Any advice would be good

Most 100mm foul drains suffer from lack of use rather than over use. The pipe diameter will accommodate flows of 6 litres/sec. This being the amount of water used by modern cistern, theoretically 60 toilets flushing per minute would be ok.
However, if connecting to horizontal pipe above floor level, spacing of toilets and fall on pipe will determine critical number.

Thanks mate for that cannot download as fault on pc.looking at around 30 on a horizontal basis

Toilets at 1 metre spacing, length of run, 8 toilets, 7.5 metres, fall 150mm ( 1:50 )
Requires two vertical stacks with horizontal connections from both sides, or one stack if toilets arranged over two floors, 32 total.

What kind of light commercial is it ?
I ask as 'if' it is likely that all these toilets could be flushed at the same time (Say during a gig or game interval) Then you need to be aware of the risk that the 110 pipe wont cope with all that water, even if sub vented, could also cause loss of trap or induced siphonage/ back pressure/ cross flow, general lack of performance and clearing........

You will find info in the Building Regs Part H1

Nite club mate, encountered the problem with a bingo hall job years ago with all wc, s being used at same time

Nite club mate, encountered the problem with a bingo hall job years ago with all wc, s being used at same time

You know the score then ;)

Good practice state you take into account and accommodate for the issues and needs of the premises, think of all that loo roll and goodness knows what else going down them nightclub toilets, need to get it right or you'll be getting called back to clear the stinking things ;(

How many pans/ urinals/ basins are they looking at ? Whats the spec?

Looking again 20 wc, s , 12 basins , 1 urinal, gonna terminate 1pipe out side if building control pull it, fit an extra drain connection, doing it on a day rate, but advising on an extra drain connection though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how many toilets can enter 110mm soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock