Discuss How long until you become confident? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The really good guys are middle aged and fully confident, but starting to get over the hill a bit probably.

Quotes like that will prevent you reaching middle age!!!!!

Now back to the poster, just realize that everyone is worrying about how to do things and are they getting it right, some just exude confidence better than others. If they are really confident, be afraid, they normally make the biggest cock ups, a bit of fear is always good for you. Finally you never stop learning even if you are over the hill!!

Thanks all again, I'm more than willing to have a go and the lads who I work with say im keen and confident. It's just when lads are talking at college about how they are more or less left to fit a bathroom it can be a little disheartening as I've never done that lol but I could almost service boilers and heaters on my own so I guess i'm just a little backwards(as with most things lol).

I've had a few apprentices over the years. The over confident, cocky ones scare me more than the ones who constantly ask questions and worry about every little detail. It's a steep learning curve. Confidence comes in time.
One thing I will say is don't be one of those apprentices that's an expert at changing rad valves because that's all they ever do. We've got a couple on the firm and they'll be fully qualified soon and still have no grasp of the basics.
Ask questions. Most of us don't mind!

Having challenging work on daily basis is best way to learn and build confidence. Often this means doing something you've never done before. And its not just plumbing. Dealing with customers, calling merchants or tech support. Make it your goal to do one new thing every week.

Its the worst days when you feel like your life just fell appart and you are completely hopeless and helpless,its from a day like that you will learn a few good lessons!

than the ones who constantly ask questions and worry about every little detail

Haha that brought back memories.
When i was a boy they called me Tam question and hated it as i learned more and the questions got harder until they couldn't answer so i would do as i was told and fk off and annoy the joiners or the sparks or the brickies who were all too happy to answer me while i ran after their rses.
The other trades stopped answering my questions when i started nickng all their jobs on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long until you become confident? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock