Discuss How long to replace a Vented Cylinder with an Unvented one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
We are always looking to improve our efficiency (and hence money in our pocket :) )

Just wondered how long most people would estimate for a replacement of an vented cylinder with shower pump to an unvented balanced supply system?

x man hours / days?

Assuming straightforward, i.e mains supply nearby (well it must be to the header tank at least :) ) no upgrades to DHW heating controls (use existing timers) primarys in OK location for new cylinder, and straightforward access to cylinder location, i.e. average, typical cylinder replacement. Plastic cold water cylinder (aka tank) also to be emptied and removed in pieces from loft (hatch is always too small :) )

Thx

long morning to 2 days, all depends on what ****ty problems you get on the way, so I always allow a couple of days :)

Hmm, decent apprentice cuts the time down. If they know their pipes and what to do in the loft they can sort that and fetch you whatever you want.

4 to 8 hours on a good day. But when new sl800 won't fit through 450wide bifold doors it takes longer.

How long is a piece of rope, every job is different. As lame says, two days on average, for a simple one. Running D1, D2, tying up all the pipework, disconnecting the storage facilities and disposing.

Depends on D2 run really and how much work is needed for balanced cold take off.

Thanks guys, ours are never simple and we're finding that most take a couple of days, thought we must be missing a trick though. - There again, the D2 took a whole day today (taking up bathroom floor covering, then the floor boards, drilling from the outside, then across and under the bathroom wall putting the floor boards and flooring back and had to be in 28mm due to the elbows to get out of the airing cupboard ........) next week the D2 is straight out the loft to a high level discharge :)

What do you guys normally do re: cw supply, and balanced cold?

It's usually 15 in the cylinder cupboard, in fact it may be 15 all way back into street.

Quote>next week the D2 is straight out the loft to a high level discharge :) <Quote. Are you allowed to do that? I do not think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long to replace a Vented Cylinder with an Unvented one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock