Search the forum,

Discuss How long do you guarantee unblocking things? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Basin was blocked solid and I poked and plunged until it was running 100% perfectly. One month later it's running slow. Can't see inside waste pipe and so I suppose I could have removed just enough for it to drain properly but not enough to stop it blocking again? But I'm thinking maybe they're using basin for things they shouldn't like washing the ****zu or something. Of course when you ask they just brush their teeth and nothing else. Obviously.

I don't do blockages, but if I did the guarantee would last untill I got into my van. You cant guarantee against blockages!

Same as you can`t guarantee against dumb customers doing dumb things.

I'll guarantee any blockage I clear indefinitely, right up until they shove something down the waste fitting which blocks it again

so nobody would worry that that they'd done an incomplete job and that some other bit of gunk you hadn't cleared moved and got in the way? doesn't that seem liklier than them blocking it again in a month? just don't want to be giving anyone the screw over

You came. You cleared. It worked.

They are telling porkies or there is a bigger issue.

so nobody would worry that that they'd done an incomplete job and that some other bit of gunk you hadn't cleared moved and got in the way? doesn't that seem liklier than them blocking it again in a month? just don't want to be giving anyone the screw over

The only way to guarantee would be hole new waste run

Basin was blocked solid and I poked and plunged until it was running 100% perfectly. One month later it's running slow.
Of course when you ask they just brush their teeth and nothing else. Obviously.

That`s a lot of toothpaste mate! lol

Is it a long run of waste? Are there sections of it you can't see? I have had a couple where it ran through boxing etc, looked ok running away from sink but when boxing was removed, where it wasn't clipped it had bowed and meant it was running uphill in areas and was slowing building up with muck,

How about where it terminates? Had a few where exit of waste pipe was resting on the gully so would let water out until enough hair/muck had been put down that it would block up and back up.

All obvious things but enough to catch out a beginner like me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long do you guarantee unblocking things? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock