Discuss How likely is that that my installer fried my circuit board? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

But having heating for any number of days would really annoy me this time of year when relying on other people who may be screwing things up.

So I'll let this thread run. Keep us posted. But please please don't mess with it. Youll make yourself liable for somebody else's problems if you do and that could backfire literally, but also with the property owners and whatnot too.

Thanks. I should add that not only is it this time of year, but we have a 2.5 year old and a wife that's 38 weeks pregnant.....and no boiler for over 10 days now. If the circuit board is fried, it could easily be another week with all the subcontracting shenannigans going on.

Also, I take your point about not encouraging me, but here's a photo I took before I started this thread so you can all be guilt free.

aa1.jpg

Last edited:
As @Murdoch said, the RCD tripped so it's fine. :)

If you're messing with your own electrics you still need to have some form of recognised current qualification, then notify building control - or get it certified by a qualified one in a scheme. So it doesn't get you clear. (not my words I'm re-quoting what I read on here lol - I'm neither a plumber or an electrician - and the tilers on my tile forum even tell me I'm not a tiler, but I think I am - Long story. :p )

Just go steady.

@murdoc above here is actually a very qualified electrician.

circuit board should be fine as its gone to earth just the rcd tripped, boiler has internal fast blow fuses so these should protect the board

That part of the wiring centre needs live, neutral and earth. From the mains in. No earth bound to trip the Rcd. Two lives, it's not the switch live. Earth wire should never be used as live.

Not enough cores in the cable, uses earth as a live. Nope. Install correct cable or pull another one in.

Either way your problem isn't the bloke doing the work. It's the convoluted process your landlord has in place to have things rectified. Using your time to challenge that would be better.

Reply to How likely is that that my installer fried my circuit board? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock