Discuss How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
allways worktrousers ususally snickers 100s and usually snickers polos with my logo on I were black sambas unless im on site and normally carry a little file to keep all my paperwork in order and also keep a tape mesure and about 15 pens in there nothing looks worse than asking the customer for a pen to write the job in the planner

I must admit to being a bit of a tramp, jogging bottoms and casual top as i feel comfortable in them.
This year though I'm going to get proper work clothes with company labels stitched into them to try and upgrade my company image :lol:

check out engelburt strauss workwear.

great hard wearing stuff and they can out your logos and such on.

look at the style es stuff.

and they do summer workwear that has got ventilation and uses more breathable material!

just you cant wear it in the winter or you end up with an icicle and a pair of snowballs very quickly!

they do winter workwear thats more insulated too actually.

I wear overshoes ifim only going to be ther a short while. Otherwise I just make sure i've got clean shoes.
Company logo on my polo shirts, jumpers,coat and trousers. I try to keep the silicone free!
I also bought some blue oxford shirts about 6 months ago from Primark for about £6 and got my logo on them for pricing but Ive not worn them yet.
Van is sigwritten although I wonder whether its worth it.....

Exactly.

I went on a sales course once as a Worcester approved installer, probably 15 years ago now. It was more geared around being able to offer finance to customers (long before strict FSA rules).

We were given a list as to pick out the most likely reason that a possible client may choose you over another htg eng.

In the list were cheapest quote, puntuality, etc, etc.

2nd top answer was you would be chosen because of your presentation.

Top answer was surprising......you would have more chance of wining the job if you were a 'normal' person and was able to converse with client about everyday things as opposed to just plumbing and boilers !

Being chosen for being the cheapest was right down the list, mind you, people had a bit more money back then.

My experience is that this hasn't changed at all. I always spend a bit of time chatting to my customers during the quote and getting to know them. I'm not always tidy when I turn up, especially if I have been tiling, but I am always in our branded workwear. At the very least I put on a clean t-shirt before quoting!

spare set of clean clothes behind seat in van for if im doing a quote stright from tools , van is ALWAYS clean and tidy as some come out to greet you or wave off. if they come to wave off i make a point of opening side doors so they can see inside is clean and tiday too.

That rules me out.
Whenever I am on a job and custard insists on helping me get stuff from van into house, I practically beg them to stay put. Infact, my van is so crowded I know I have a fitting, but can't find it? So I make my excuses and go to get one. Two weeks later, I find two of same in the van. WTF. Disgraceful, absolutely disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How important is your presentation to you ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than normal. Don't like the ones that ride up when...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock