Search the forum,

Discuss How do you keep the index display on the e6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

Hello hope you all had a good Xmas can someone advise how I keep the meter index on the display showing on a e6 meter trying to gas rate and it keeps disappearing .i have tried pressing buttons a and b to see if the index stays on but no luck..

do you mean a card meter ?.

GAS RATE ~ CARD METER
operate the appliance @ max rate setting

1. Press & release button A…. please wait….£7.54 ON
2. Press & release button A, = amount owed. ie, £5.00 on Owed
ensure that ON is displayed in the Right Hand top corner.
If OFF, is either out of credit or the anti-tamper device triggered.
3. Press and release button A. Static index is the displayed
Meter Index
0000.861 m3
4. Press and release button B and start stop watch at the same time.
Please wait..... appears again
Current index appears in approx 10 seconds.
Meter Index
000.871m3.………..Record this as your first reading.
5. After approx 60 seconds display will go out (hibernate) do nothing.
6. At 90 seconds wake up the display by repeating steps 1,2 & 3.
On exactly 2 minutes Press and release button B.
Meter Index
0000.879m3 An updated index appears
Record this as your second index reading.
Calculate gas rate/heat input in normal manner for a metric meter.

Sorry redsaw not redraw this damn phone is going to get me in trouble lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you keep the index display on the e6 meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had to gas rate on an E6 meter in a dark, muddy basement the other day. No place to put down tools. I stayed there for two minutes only to find out the meter index had not updated at all. Obviously the cooker was burning gas. I press the red button at the beginning and the end. Has anyone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a replacement for a faulty meter about 3 years ago. The installer at the time told me it was not a Smart meter. The energy company is insisting its a SMETS1 -...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock