Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How do you cut carpert round a pan? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Changing a pan and have found a bigger one so carpet can be cut round it without changing said carpet.

But what do you do? Is it just as simple as push carpet back into position and trim bits of with a stanley? I'm imagining that ends up a bit shoddy.

Thanks

put pan down and in place and cut with sharp knife / new blade

It is easy enough to move the carpet around at angle and trim as you lay.
If someone is mad enough to have carpet near a pan do ensure it underlaps the pan radius.

Most end up stinking of pee lol. Cant think of anything worse actually lmao

Some people use a wallpaper scraper to push it to pan and cut - I don't do it

One wrong cut & .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do you cut carpert round a pan? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock