Search the forum,

Discuss How do these things work/come apart? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Custard has one that appears to be leaking from the chrome threaded part, at the top. Possibly a hole in it/corroded through as it seeps out when you wipe it off.

But is the chrome bit permanently joined onto the brass bit? Or do they sepaprate? And so if you want to remove it to investigate do you need to unscrew the whole thing off the pipe which I presume from the pic is just sealed with an olive?

And I'm guessing it's unlikely to be leaking from damaged pipe/olive underneath as that wouldn't seep out from chrome threaded part?

Thanks for any clues/suggestions.

https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...j1k2UpL95VKOP6cIymZk-yikQTle4Iffl4aApHP8P8HAQ

I only ask if they are one bit because I tried to aply pressure to unscrew chrome part from brass part but it wasn't giving. But didn't want to force as already leaking.

Now I've stared at the pic a bit longer I'm thinking they must separate? And maybe pipe is damaged instead.

Unscrews mate but hold the brass rectangular bit with some grips (stop it breaking any tiles)

As said hold the wall plate & unscrew the threaded part gripping it's flats with a thin spanner.
My guess would be the olives inside need a smear of jointing paste before re-fitting the threaded bosses.
I find many cheap compression fittings refuse to seal without jointing paste. #chinesejunk

They come with brass olives I believe, if they are loose try changing them for copper. Best of luck

there krap, had one break before now be carefull.
loosen off and put some tru-blue on olive, wont leak then.,

I have fitted loads and never had a problem with them.

Its just a compression fitting, so take apart and inspect the olive and pipe. Make sure you hold the brass plate so as not to put too much pressure on the fixings in the tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do these things work/come apart? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
I need to replace the double-check/non-return valve on the pipe that goes out to the back garden tap under the sink. I got the correct replacement part, but I am not sure actually how to remove the original non-return valve on the pipe. When I loosen the two nuts, it can slide a bit back and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a 2m x 2m bathroom suite which I'd like to completely change out myself. I'd be replacing the bathroom suite for like for like. I'm going to go for something like the following...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got this reducer FloPlast Overflow Waste Reducer White 32mm - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floplast-overflow-waste-reducer-white-32mm/99045 I can just about fit the 32mm end into a 32mm metal waste coming from a sink trap (something like this: Brushed Brass Bottle Trap | Basin Trap |...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock