Discuss How do I refill my ancient CH system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jan hart

Hi,

I'm going to put a small radiator in the bathroom. ( I'm not an expert but managed to put a shower in last year, so I have a grasp of some of the basics!)

I'll turn off the boiler first. It's a Worcester 24CDi RSF combi boiler, old but reliable.

Next I'll drain the system - found the drainage valve on ground floor rad.

Then I'll fit the new radiator. CH pipework goes through the bathroom so I don't anticipate too many probs.

Then I'll refill the system. OK, here's the question! I'm familiar with getting the pressure back up to 1.0 on the combi boiler, getting more water in, using the key and knob on the bottom of the boiler. Do I use this same key and knob to fill the entire CH system or do I have to do it some other way?

Sorry if this question has been covered a gazillion times already. I've been searching threads for over an hour but can't find an answer!

thanks, Jan

Yes that's the way to do it. Don't forget to add inhibitor into the radiator in your bathroom before u refill.

Turn off valves on new rad, the. If any leaks u haven't got to empty entire rad, just bit of pipework. If it's a towel rail just add inhibitor in one of the holes, if it's a standard rad . Get a 15mm compression elbow, unscrew the vent plug and screw in elbow ( nut&olive removed) then pout in..

Brill!! Thanks so much for your speedy help.

I'm particularly impressed with the standard of avatars here too!!!

if you put the pressure up to about 2 to start with, then when you bleed the radiators it will go down as you go round. just keep an eye on it as you go round bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I refill my ancient CH system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock