Discuss How difficult would it be to install an outside tap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

When fitting an outside tap, most are joined to the domestic cold water under the sink, where hopefully, there is enough room to work.

The connection does not have to be made under the sink but it is ideally made to a cold water pipe which is carrying cold water under mains pressure. To feed an outside tap from water coming from your cold water tank will seriously affect other peoples use of the water coming from this tank.

When mains water comes to a property it must feed at least one tap with mains pressure before it goes up to a cold water tank so double check that the pipe you want to connect to is under mains water pressure.
Thanks for the reply. I'll think i will ask around and see how much plumbers will charge, because i'm good at DIY but this job is a bit too complex for me and i don't want to put holes in pipes etc lol.

Reply to How difficult would it be to install an outside tap? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi, the property I live in appears to have had a pipe to an outside tap run from the cold water pipe under the bathroom sink. Yesterday the...
Replies
Views
I have this outside tap and a while ago it stopped turning off completely. The water almost stops flowing but then it'll click and the water is...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Back