Discuss How can I remove tap valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a bathroom mixer tap which drips. I cannot see how to remove the valves as it is all smooth chrome. Would someone know how & what tool i would need please to take it apart ?

Thank you and Happy New year....

IMG_1724.jpeg

I would undo the shroud (the donut looking piece in between the stem and tap body), and see if it comes apart that way. Usually there’s a grub screw, or a tap handle stem that would remove, but yours may not.

I would undo the shroud (the donut looking piece in between the stem and tap body), and see if it comes apart that way. Usually there’s a grub screw, or a tap handle stem that would remove, but yours may not.
Hi, thanks for the reply. There aren't any grub screws on it. It is smooth all the way around on both tap valves. I was wondering if the shroud is screwed on or just pushed on, but neither side seems to move. I only tried with a wrench cad a rag to protect the metal, but didn't budge. I didn't want to try too hard incase I damaged the chrome finish.

Reply to How can I remove tap valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock