Discuss Hourly Charges.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWLPlumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies I am putting this in here as I don't have Arms access as yet.

For arguments sake, how do you charge per hour?

1) Charge X amount for the 1st hour followed by a reduced rate for the rest
2) Charge X amount all day

Just curious to see how you structure it.

Thanks

against most domestic customers hating the fact you wack another 20% on your labour and the 20% on the 20% you put on materials which wacks up your bill. I did some calcs with my accountant and it can really hurt you unless you drop your hourly rate such that you arent increasing your prices over what you currently charge and there was b all difference in actual income once everything was taken into account, accept the imbuggerance of filling in quarterly returns and being inspected.

Its only worth hitting the vat side if the bulk of your work is commercial, then you have customers who arent losing the 20% and can also claim it back.

how do you hit the vat threshhold on those rates, its been a long while I charged that hourly figure. By the way twice my hourly rate for the first hour.

I run a team of 13 plumbers/engineers

We also charge 30% on all materials, do you add anything to materials?

against most domestic customers hating the fact you wack another 20% on your labour and the 20% on the 20% you put on materials which wacks up your bill. I did some calcs with my accountant and it can really hurt you unless you drop your hourly rate such that you arent increasing your prices over what you currently charge and there was b all difference in actual income once everything was taken into account, accept the imbuggerance of filling in quarterly returns and being inspected.

Its only worth hitting the vat side if the bulk of your work is commercial, then you have customers who arent losing the 20% and can also claim it back.

Maybe for yourself, but for others in different circumstances, it might not.

if your running 13 lads I am stunned at your hourly rates, only my opinion but Bournmouth is a darn sight richer than N devon and only the lads in rust buckets are charging below 25 an hour

how do you hit the vat threshhold on those rates, its been a long while I charged that hourly figure. By the way twice my hourly rate for the first hour.

I personally only do servicing, breakdowns and GSIs, so I rarely go over an hour but I can fit in 6 to 8 jobs a day on average.

To be quite honest I can't see how anybody can be under the vat threshold without taking a lot of cash. Unless out don't buy materials. I'm only in my first year and not busy really but I am halfway there, if you do a couple of boiler changes a month your looking 30k at least unless your really cheap then you have all the other jobs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hourly Charges.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back