Discuss hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have taken the fronts off all the controls but the Lee is still 240v on the orange and the grey cables and when I turn the far right switch on or off this turns the hot water on and off without any controls. Is there a wire I need to move etc?? I have tried it with the MV head from the heating valve and re wired it but it does exactly the same thing so can’t be the head as the Heating head works fine when it’s on the Heating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 9
Have you checked the wiring at the ST9400A controller in case there is a extra permanent live connected by mistake to the "HW Off" which is used for a Y plan configuration or something along those lines.

Last edited:
You have a bad port valve or one permanently calling do you have any voltage on the browns on the port valve wires ?

Need to test no point in throwing parts at it
i have taken the program unit and the HG60 module off. The power is on. you should make out the numbers behind the wires. with the black wire on the tester in space 3, I have 240v in lines 1, 7, 8 and 0. The HW is on and won’t switch off. Even though the controls are removed.

Attachments

• 9E4621D6-316E-4540-94E4-402EE2643172.jpeg
    9E4621D6-316E-4540-94E4-402EE2643172.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 11
Have you checked the wiring at the ST9400A controller in case there is a extra permanent live connected by mistake to the "HW Off" which is used for a Y plan configuration or something along those lines.
I notice that this is not how it says it should be wired on the back of the program box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 10
240v on either 6 or 8?

It’s s plan so programmer is correct

Turn the fused spur off and remove the grey wire and make safe (when you turn power back on this might be live)

Reply to hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock