Discuss hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for all the suggestions. This morning I got up and the hot water was on even though it was not programmed to come on until later and the HG60 box was off too. So it does suggest the program box or HG60 issue?
the valve does close and when I control it manually it heats up and cools down ok so doesn’t suggest anything mechanical. I think I will look at a replacement HG60 panel first then a programmer panel if that doesn’t fix it?

So I bought a new HG60 unit and have fitted it. Switched on the power and seconds later the hot water started up again. Without the new unit on or it being timed to come on. I have a new control unit coming tomorrow. This is driving me mad. The only way to stop it coming on is to switch the whole heating off at the wall and then turn it on when we want hot water, then remember to turn it off later otherwise it stays on all night. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Need to test no point in throwing parts at it

I have tried all the tests I can think of and nothing seemed out of the ordinary so trying this now. No one seems to have any other answers - desperate times!! My wife is giving me so much grief I am doing anything at this point! Lol

Don't know if fitting a new complete motorized head instead of just the synchron motor would make any difference or not. In the meantime suggest fitting (again) the motorized head from the CH to the HW and wire it up by removing/using the wires from the "old" HW head, let the wires disconnected from the other actuator and see what happens.

Disconnect the orange wire and see what happens or what shouldn't happen.
I disconnected the orange wire and turned the power on. The MV still moved around and engaged the switch but the boiler didn’t fire up (I guess that’s what the orange wire does :))

Attachments

• EC715DD4-6D51-4A63-9A61-D482882E00B2.jpeg
    EC715DD4-6D51-4A63-9A61-D482882E00B2.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 19
Don't know if fitting a new complete motorized head instead of just the synchron motor would make any difference or not. In the meantime suggest fitting (again) the motorized head from the CH to the HW and wire it up by removing/using the wires from the "old" HW head, let the wires disconnected from the other actuator and see what happens.
When I swap the heads over and the wiring then the same thing happens. But before I changed the wires over I tried just swapping the heads. So basically to get the Hot Water is now controlled by the Heating side of the programmer - Doing this solves the issue - it works as it should - to get the MV to operate I had to turn on the HG60 and the programmer on and then the MV kicked in as normal to turn the hot water on. Brilliant! But then the other valve opens the heating valve and turns the Heating on without being asked! So must be a wiring issue? Even though I haven’t moved any wires around before the issue started? I posted a pic of the wires in the post earlier

When I swap the heads over and the wiring then the same thing happens. But before I changed the wires over I tried just swapping the heads. So basically to get the Hot Water is now controlled by the Heating side of the programmer - Doing this solves the issue - it works as it should - to get the MV to operate I had to turn on the HG60 and the programmer on and then the MV kicked in as normal to turn the hot water on. Brilliant! But then the other valve opens the heating valve and turns the Heating on without being asked! So must be a wiring issue? Even though I haven’t moved any wires around before the issue started? I posted a pic of the wires in the post earlier

Reply to hot water won't turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock