Discuss Hot water tank not heating up. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

T

T stanton

Hi there

We have had a barn renovated and the plumber installed an air source heat pump.

The hot water has been on auto since Friday and I changed it to continuous this morning but it was only 25 degrees (it’s set to 55 degrees) on the bottom of the hot water tank. The electrician came this morning and said turn the immersion on (11am) to heat it up quickly as we have guests arriving tonight. It is now 530pm and the water is at 35 degrees.

Can anyone help as to why the air source heat pump isn’t heating the water up nor is the immersion? Any help much appreciated. Happy to post photos of anything you need.

Reply to Hot water tank not heating up. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock