Discuss Hot water tank firing but heating and water off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Paul Moreton

We have a brand new house with a tank system and boiler. I had nest installed to control water and heating.
Sometimes when the water and heating times off the tank keeps on doing something.
I have to either reset the nest or turn the power off to the boiler for a bit to reset it.
Is this a nest issue or a valve issue?

Could be a fault on the nest giving out a switched live to the valve, or a sticking valve/switch.

Did it work correctly before the Nest was fitted?

You say brand new, how old is brand new? (I still call mine new, but it’s approaching 12 years old).

This is a similar problem that I have, the system is about 2 years old Unvented, Nest with Baxi, and a Y system.

I have Smart meters, and can see the use of gas, while the heating is off and no call for hot water.

I have found the boiler firing up late evening 11 pm and cannot find why, it works fine to supply demand when required,

My current solution is to switch boiler off, (if I find it rouge firing) on the front of the boiler, this then allows pump to continue working to clear not required heat from the boiler, turn back on next morning and boiler fires up at normal @9am.

Has anyone met this with a Nest system?

Yes nest has an anti legionella cycle stays on for about an hour

This is the quote from manual

5.9 Emergency Mode (Fig. 20)
1. If communication is lost between the Transmitter and Receiver for longer than 1 hour the unit will go into continuous heating mode to ensure that the property will not be without heating.
2.This will continue until communication is re-established (see Section 7.2).
3.When in this mode the heating can be turned OFF & ON if required by operating the button on the Receiver:-
Heating ON = Receiver LED ON Heating OFF = Receiver LED OFF

This is the quote from manual

5.9 Emergency Mode (Fig. 20)
1. If communication is lost between the Transmitter and Receiver for longer than 1 hour the unit will go into continuous heating mode to ensure that the property will not be without heating.
2.This will continue until communication is re-established (see Section 7.2).
3.When in this mode the heating can be turned OFF & ON if required by operating the button on the Receiver:-
Heating ON = Receiver LED ON Heating OFF = Receiver LED OFF
have you a link to manual, save hunting about, thanks

Reply to Hot water tank firing but heating and water off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock