Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water supply - hair salon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Been out to have a look at this one, all the property has is electricity and a cold water main. Hot water is required to feed two 'back wash' units. The idea of two independent electric showers is out of the picture because of the cosmetic design it would just not look too good. The salon kept trying to explain something to me that there is a company that offers 'salon boilers' - I purely assume these are storage cylinders with a fancy name. I do not know what the average hot water usage is for a hair salon. What would you fit in this situation? Personally, I think a small unvented hot water tank should suffice providing the water heating element comes on automatically as the temperature drops at a rate that will keep the water warm. I have never installed an instantaneous water heater - especially electric, do you get these with such a power output to potentially deal with 2 showers running at once?

The only salon boiler ive heard of was Susan just down the road.
Brought a whole new meaning to the phrase blow-dry :)

They look suspiciously like OSO unvented clyinders.

I've fitted a 'Salon Master' in a hairdressers before, it was identical to an unvented, just double the price.

What's the I comming like? Fit water softener make saloon products seem much better and they use less shampoo

Im not sure - it is 22mm cold main into property and to where the hot water source would be. I just dont know how much 2 backwash units would use, do you not think rather than paying 700+VAT for these salon based hot water units you could just install a 200-250 litre unvented cylinder?

Have they got the back wash units at the moment or can you get the technical details ??

They are spray mixer taps so don't use a great deal of hot, ask them what the peek usage is i.e. how many washes an hour at busy times they expect to get through & how long the water is on for during each wash ?

If all goes well with the business might they require more hot water ?

The amount of hot water can be calculated, at the end of the day it all about storage & recovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water supply - hair salon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock