Discuss Hot Water Running Brown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomD

Central heating and hot water system runs off a Baxi Bermuda VIP. Cold water is running clear as a bell. However, after returning from two weeks holiday, the hot water is running brown. I've turned the system off and run the bathroom hot taps and can hear the header tank refilling, but the hot water is still running brown.

Can anyone please advise what the problem could be.

Cheers

TomD

1. it can be the iron pipework if you have this causing it

2 . cylinder coil dividng the hot water and heating pipe has split and the waters are mixing , do you have an open vented system or one with a gauge? for the heating

Never seen a guage. Its a Baxi Bermuda VIP with back boiler behind a gas fire running seven radiators. If its any help its copper.

If its the coil thats gone in the cylinder, can you buy a new cylinder with coil or does it mean a whole new system?

EDIT - amazing what you can find on the internet. Found a replacement cylinder at Scrwfix.

Thanks for responding and your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Water Running Brown in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock