Discuss Hot water pipe keeps bursting (2 kids and no heating in November) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

It looks too close to the boiler for plastic as above.
The bend is too tight.
Plastic expands and contracts around 1% so it will move about a fair bit and soften and harden.
I would say it needs taking out and re-installing better and in copper.

I think we may just have that done then. Although this pipe has been in the house long before we moved in (about 3 years ago). So it has been working fine up until we had some work done. So we are wondering what could possibly have changed so that it keeps on bursting now, when it was fine before.

Spoke to the pipe manufacturer and showed them the photo. They said it looks like a temperature burst potentially caused by an airlock. But that would only explain the first burst and not the second one they said. They didn’t know how the second burst could be explained. Does an airlock sound likely? The company who did the power flash did bleed all radiators afterwards. Or at least they claimed that they did.

How long were they there ?

Spoke to the pipe manufacturer and showed them the photo. They said it looks like a temperature burst potentially caused by an airlock. But that would only explain the first burst and not the second one they said. They didn’t know how the second burst could be explained. Does an airlock sound likely? The company who did the power flash did bleed all radiators afterwards. Or at least they claimed that they did.
I could understand an air lock leading to that if the heat that softened or melted it was external or maybe if steam were generated inside the pipe?

Why don't you find out when the system was installed and how long the pipe warranty is.

If it failed within the warranty - claim the damage and repairs off the manufacturer.

They may take some more interest in the situation if they know they are liable for the repairs.
As for the airlock excuse - I don't buy into that one ....twice.

Reply to Hot water pipe keeps bursting (2 kids and no heating in November) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock