Discuss Hot water but no heating after fitting new diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bengeary

Hi...... Please can anyone help...?

I have a conventional boiler system and my honey well diverter valve stopped working so I was getting heating and hot water at the same time. I drained heating system down and changed the diverter valve for a Drayton brand new one. When using the control panel after fitting you could see it working new valve working moving to water....heating....and in the middle for both. It took along time for the boiler to fire back up as there was air in the system. I bled all the rads.....The bleed valve in the airing cupboard and even opened the drain valve near the boiler to get ait out whereever I could. The boiler finally fired up and the heating and hot water were both working. Then I turned the heating off.... when i turned it back on again the rads won't get warm and the diverter valve is stuck on heating but I'm only getting hot water.... so confused. I drained the rads again. Turned all of upstairs off and filled up downstairs before opening upstairs rads but still no heating. Please can you help. How come the diverter valve was working and now stuck on heating but I'm only getting hot water......really really hot water...?

coz you've cocked it up old son, not as easy as you thought is it?

you need to check for correct operation of the 3 port valve for starters using a multi meter if it isnt moving at all. then drain down and use a doc to refill from the bottom up ensuring the motorised valve is set to manual open and take it from there.

Brilliant.....Thanks for the help.....Il get the bloody thing off and start again!!

So if I turn the motorised unit 180 degrees will this fix it or do I need to take the brass valve off and turn it around?

Port marked letter B should go to the HW and the port marked A is for the CH.
If not you need to turn the whole valve around

Ok.....so turned the valve around, got all the air out the system and the rads have heated up. But I have also got hot water. If you put the got water on the boiler doesn't fire up. So I'm getting both now when the heating is on. It's a Drayton diverter valve.....any suggestions? When I had the valve the other way round u could see it moving to heating....or hot water or both.....now when u put hot water on the pump doesn't fire up or the boiler and the diverter doesn't move....I'm confused....

Please log back in and stop posting as an unregistered user. Thanks.

If body of valve is now correctly fitted then your problem is wiring. Wiring information should come with MV. if not download

Y Plan Wiring.jpg

I have matched all the 5 coloured wires to each other....?
Don't trust any wiring you haven't done yourself. Previous MV was different make and may have been diverter valve not mid position. Check all correct in wiring centre.

My mate works for bg.....he said it was definitely the diverter....but is on holiday at the minute. ....Im sure all the wiring is fine.....when you put the actuator on do u have to move the valve to a certain position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water but no heating after fitting new diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the...
Replies
Views
Back