Discuss Hot water - boiler off & on every 1 -2 minutes - heating boiler turns off correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benjahman

Hi,

The Potterton Suprima HE (5 years old) boiler is attached to a brand new Telford Tempest Horizontal Unvented Cylinder Indirect 170L. When the cylinder thermostat is at 60deg, the boiler will turn off for about 2 minutes (with the pump still running) and then turn back on for 50 - 55 seconds,then off 2 min, etc etc. If I turn the cylinder down to 45 deg, both boiler & pump stop immediately. I then turned the cylinder up to 55 deg, and the boiler stayed off.
I then ran a bath, the boiler came back on, as you would expect. However after 15 minutes, presumably the cylinder was up to 55 deg, it went back into the same cycle, off 2 min, on 55 sec, off 2 min, etc etc. A new pump was also fitted. If I turn off the water heating, and run only central heating, the boilers turns off when necessary.
To summerise, off when turned from 60 deg to 45 deg, but when temp less than 55 deg, and heated, boiler will not turn off. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks Ben

Re: Hot water - boiler off & on every 1 -2 minutes - heating boiler turns off correct

have you not got the installer back who fitted it?

Re: Hot water - boiler off & on every 1 -2 minutes - heating boiler turns off correct

yes, he has been back 5 times. He has re-checked wiring, talked to the Telford tech line, and they suggested it was a faulty motor valve, so it was replaced this afternoon. But no change. Has anyone who has fitted a Telford cylinder found that the stat was faulty on delivery? thanks

could be a faulty stat, surley its warrented.

we were wondering that. Is there a simple test to tell if it is faulty. thanks. Any ideas would be welcomed, this is really drivng my girlfriend bananas. we only turn the boiler on once a day at the moment, which is a hassle.
thanks again Ben

it should be warrented, if so they should come out and change it for you mate. im afriad its trial and error

Has he wired the over temp stat wrong

He may have mis interpreted the drawings

thanks guys, I will pass the ideas on. I will let you know what happens. cheers Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water - boiler off & on every 1 -2 minutes - heating boiler turns off correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock