Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss honeywell st699 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vipey

Hi my friend today changed his programmer for his boiler as it kept on tripping the fuse and not turning on it was also burnt on back and smelt so wasn't good .so swapped it like for like for another Honeywell st699b programmer after doing this his boiler will not fire up he says the pump is coming on and also the divertor valve sounds like its moving could he be missing somethink here ? its a regular glow worm boiler don't no model , could he have burnt the pcb out somehow ? , he surely couldn't have wired it wrong as he didn't even have to touch the wireing as was on a plate . any ideas would be greatfull :)

Straight swap the ST699, as long as your friend didn't change the backplate then nothing can go wrong.

yes its very weird , straight swap left back plate on so didn't need to touch anythink wire wise , he checked wiring was correct and so did I when at home , he took the face off the other wireing interlock where they all meet and said only think that didn't make sence was a blue and yellow wire that wasn't connected to anywhere but no one has touched them but couldn't work out if they went anywhere hope makes sence lol , he said when he 1st turned boiler on he thinks it might have fired up then shut down althou there is a flame there all the time ,

You need the services of an electrically competent GSR imho.
Probably a straightforward fix though.

Will A new ST699 will work and fit old style ST699B brown one ?

Will the new white ST699 fit the old style brown ST699B base plate without altering the wiring

Is it set up for fully pumped & not gravity? I'm not sure if the honeywells have this link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to honeywell st699 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT I have three wires in the old...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock