Discuss Hole in gas pipe! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a fluke 116, it only arrived yesterday... I'm not risking it ;p

I bought a fluke 116, it only arrived yesterday... I'm not risking it ;p

Nice!!
i have a 117 and 323.

think we are sorted for a while!

get the magnetic strap for the back, so handy just hanging it on a boiler casing

Here is a true story

A couple of mates of mine during the miners strike were desperate for some cash so decided to go out to an old mine and cut out scrap cable.
Unfortunately one of them whacked through 3" thick cable with a hacksaw that turned out to be a plenty volt still live cable.
After the other one had put out the flames on his mates hair and clothes and checked he was still alive (just) he put him in the wheel barrow and pushed him home.
As he couldn't ring an ambulance and say we were cutting out old cables at the pit he decided to pull the cooker out and cut the cable sit his mate in the corner behind it with a pair of uninsulated pliers in his hand.
I don't think the ambulance men believed it but they took him away and patched him up.
His hair grew back again about 6 weeks later and he doesn't touch electrics :smile:

Cored through an incoming cable that was dropped in the cavity while standing in the pouring rain.
Put every house in the street out, fkd a new 48mm core bit and a £600 bill to make me feel lucky :lol:

Hope you quoted more than £125, unless this happened in 1981

Nice!!
i have a 117 and 323.

think we are sorted for a while!

get the magnetic strap for the back, so handy just hanging it on a boiler casing

Yep, iv ordered one of them too... Not cheap for what it is, but I like my tools :) nice long leads on these fluke meters too :)

was talking to a guy on a course a while back whos mate died feeding copper pipe under floor it snagged so twisted and pushed and the open end cut a shower cable on an old consumer unit .I now when pushing pipe under boards solder an end cap on - made me shiver

was talking to a guy on a course a while back whos mate died feeding copper pipe under floor it snagged so twisted and pushed and the open end cut a shower cable on an old consumer unit .I now when pushing pipe under boards solder an end cap on - made me shiver

Makes me shudder just thinking about it :(

Had it happen to me when pulling a cable out the way. The cable was an old rubber covered type and part way along the length the insulation had perished and turned to powder so when it was pulled, the wires touched each other. Made a terrible flash and bang and burning rubber smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hole in gas pipe! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock