Discuss High water consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Water meter being read visually or electronically?

How often is the meter being read?

If it's read very frequently you may pick up a pattern.

Last edited:
Rach, to be honest this isn't something you're going to get to the bottom of until term end and the building is temporarily empty.

I had something similar years ago. Turned out to be a student that used to leave her tap on because she thought it improved the humidity....

Can't be right
With a bill
I've that, your using 5,000,000 a month! Or 1500litres a day per person.
image.jpg

We did calculate the water usage. I can't remember exact amount. But we had one night when no one was in the building except for 1 person. Probably using the toilet and making a cup of tea. So i took a reading that evening and again in the morning and we had used around 13,000Lts.

That might be but it's been going on for over a year. Beginning of September everyone moved out and I checked early morning when the building was compketely empty checking every riser listening to drain and soil pipes, there was nothing, you could hear a drip. We found 1 toilet overflowing a tiny bit. That was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High water consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock