Discuss High water consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My building is using 3 times the amount of water it should.
I have had the water meter changed.
I have checked every riser for leaks.
Plant is not losing water all overflow pipes visible.
Had every meter checked for other flats and businesses within our block. No one stealing our water.
No leak visible within the building or outside, it's been going on for over a year now.
All outlets are secure not letting by water.
13,000 Lts a day must be going somewhere?
Thought I would ask if anyone could think of anything or come up with any ideas?
I'm now at a loss of what to try next.
Thanks

How many flats! And what type of businesses are there.
Your saying 4000 lires a day is going to waste? That's a massive loss.

Student accommodation 122 flats.
I know it's definitely not outlets, I have checked every riser and flat.
In fact I've exaustion every possibility that I or M&E consultant can think of.
Was just hoping someone might come up with a brain wave. ☺

On average use, one person will use between 100-180 litres of fresh water a day. Your getting 106 litres per student. That's pretty good.
I don't think you have a problem.

At convenient time shut down all stopcocks, then if you have no leaks, meter will stop moving. Next , draw off 200 litres into standard container. Water meter will accurately record 200 litres. This will allow calibration of meter to be independently checked by yourself and confirm no leakage.
!0 litres/min from one tap, over 24 hrs would account for your loss. If someone is stealing your water, could they be aware when you check meter and turn their supply off in advance.

The 13,000lts is on top of the 100 0dd Lts calculated per person.per day.
Our water bills are 3 times as much as another building I work in similar size but slightly bigger.
1 building is 3 to 4000 pounds per quarter we are paying around £10,000 per quarter.

My building is using 3 times the amount of water it should.

Had every meter checked for other flats and businesses within our block. No one stealing our water.

Slightly confused here, are you saying all this water is going through your meter and only your meter or is your meter registering everyone`s water usage?

So your saying that your losing 13,000 litres a day!
How much is it using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High water consumption in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock