Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christay01

Hi Everyone! I am slightly nervous but excited about the prospect of leaving my current job and starting a plumbing course which I have been thinking about for a long time. OLCI seems to be the most popular (Not sure about the company New Career Search??:confused:) I am going to do the theory at home and then the 8 week intensive practical where I will obviously have to pack my current job in. This, I have been led to beleive will give me 6089 and 6129, does anybody agree this is a good route to follow or ANY advice will be great.
Thanks
Chris

Hi Christy

a lot of people go with OLCI and take work shops as they need then so they can keep working as well, i would not recomend packing in a job to start training as there will be no money for months not weeks and its all pay out. £**** s on cost of the course and then there the tools you need if you are going selfemployed then there is the van, stock, advertising, insurance. if you are looking for employment after your course the large companys want experianced people and the small companys are only one person so they dont employ any one else, the only other way to get work is agencys for site work.

Hello mate, welcome to the forums :)

Doinf the intense course will get you the 6129 but not the 6089, this must be completed once you are working as a plumber as it is On Site Assessments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock