Discuss Hi from n.i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mcgoo's

Hello everyone, I'm new to this place and just wanted to ask a few questions. I have just returned from a year in aus, I am a 24 year old, qualified plumber from Belfast. I am moving to Bristol with my gf, and was wondering if the job scene is any better around that area, as in Belfast it is nothing short of shocking! If needs be I will have to move back to aus for a job, but that is a last resort as the plumbing is terrible over there but the wages are over double. If anyone is living in that area and could point me in the right direction would be doing me a great favor. Thank you all

It's not too bad here in Bristol from my experience. Although have been set up for over a year and just gone into business with my brother who has been set up for over 10 years, so we have a bit of a reliable customer base between us. Was hard to start with because you have no contacts. I'm sure there are a few firms that are busy. Quite a lot of new build sites appearing lately. Hope this is useful to you!

Thanks mate, I had been working for a large commercial, mechanical firm in Belfast for 2 years before I left for aus. They guaranteed me work upon my arrival home, but due to lack of work, they have laid off 12 and the rest will be laid off within the month, so England is now the option of choice, so thanks for the help.

What about ya cocker!

Good luck in your move to Bristol!

Just out of interest who was the commercial mech firm you were with? I know WJM have laid a few off recently, and Central have all but gone under. Red Sky's floundering too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi from n.i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock