Discuss Hi all, in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Appologise for wrong pipe sizing, equivilant Length is 15.3 meters with all fittings taken into account and actual pipe run of 8.1 meters if this makes a difference. Thanks for all your help.

Appologise for wrong pipe sizing, equivilant Length is 15.3 meters with all fittings taken into account and actual pipe run of 8.1 meters if this makes a difference. Thanks for all your help.
31kw can go about 15m equivilant in 22mm, so the pipe size is just about ok.

I’d bet the engineer just added 1.5mb to the 15.5mb reading due to the pressure loss through the gas valve.

31kw can go about 15m equivilant in 22mm, so the pipe size is just about ok.

I’d bet the engineer just added 1.5mb to the 15.5mb reading due to the pressure loss through the gas valve.
Thanks for the reply, i was not aware of the pressure loss through the gas valve. If this is an issue then why don't all manufacturers include a test point at the isolation valve?

Thanks for the reply, i was not aware of the pressure loss through the gas valve. If this is an issue then why don't all manufacturers include a test point at the isolation valve?
Some do/some don’t. Guess it all comes down to cost.
I add them during install.

If you call the manufacturer technical they will tell you the expected pressure loss through the valve, different boilers from the same manufacturer can have different pressure losses.

This also has resistance (test point in the valve)

Reply to Hi all, in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock