Discuss Hi all our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted but pressure is still going to 2.9 bars when using central heating . Is this normal? Than in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted bit the pressure is still rising to 2.9 bars . Is this normal ? Many thanks

Did the guy who fitted it not check it?

Filling loop left open?

There's something else that needs sorting then, had it twice last week.

Not normal, if sized correctly and with precharge&filling pressures of 1.0bar/1.5bar when cold, should not rise to more than 1.8/2.3 bar when hot.

If a external E.Vessel what size is it ?.

If a combi boiler might be a leaking HW heat exchanger causing mains water to pressurize the primary water side.

Not normal, if sized correctly and with precharge&filling pressures of 1.0bar/1.5bar when cold, should not rise to more than 1.8/2.3 bar when hot.

If a external E.Vessel what size is it ?.

If a combi boiler might be a leaking HW heat exchanger causing mains water to pressurize the primary water side.

Forgot about phe. If it's this then you will normally see an energetic needle on the pressure gauge when hot tap opened.

Reply to Hi all our boiler has just had a new expansion vessel fitted but pressure is still going to 2.9 bars when using central heating . Is this normal? Than in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock