Search the forum,

Discuss hi all 'newbie' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike.h

hi all just thought i'd say hi, i can gain alot of information here if i needed it :drunk: am mike 4th year plumbing apprentice at balfour beatty engineering services.

Hi mike.h & welcome to the mad house.
How are you getting on with your Level 3 ?? done the system planing yet ?? Where about are you ??

ye completed my tech certs mate the only down side is because am doin commercial plumbing and pipefitting i cant get me gas evidence

Yes I know it's a prob, think you have up to two years after to get the hours if you can move or do Sat - Sun with somebody, I know easier said than done at moment. How did you find heatloss & pipe sizing on the system planning ?? On the new one they have split it all back up into 4 smaller projects C,H,Heating & sanitation but just as bad.

ye completed my tech certs mate the only down side is because am doin commercial plumbing and pipefitting i cant get me gas evidence

I don't see that many down sides to doing commercial. Commercial is quality controlled (clerks of works) and standards are generally good, in comparison to the domestic sector (evidence to the Parliamentary apprenticeships review 2012 told of this).

For the domestic sector it is simple to get gas evidence for a slender portfolio of evidence. Consequetly the Gas Safe register grew by at least 6,500 operatives last year - its over-supplied and prices are dropping through the floor.

The commercial sector will follow with regard to wage deflation, but at least there is union protection, which is missing for domestic self employed operatives who are working for free in many instances.

The gas game is finished for the self employed, with manufacturers and insurance vendors doing well, because the public are losing trust due to 'rogue trader' type tv, CO scare-mongering and increasing overheads for operatives (ccn1, cpa1, analyser maintenance) leading to small firms now becoming uncompetative (larger firms just need one guy to be registered, while the rest do the work).

Thank your lucky stars you are doing commercial!

dont get me wrong i love doing commercial plumbing and enjoy me job but when i come out my time next july will i struggle to get a job without my gas :-/

You sure the company sponsoring you at the moment won't take you on Mike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hi all 'newbie' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock