Discuss Here we go again with gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

another load of garbage, so in 6 years somebody is going to magic up something that will save us all .
Only thing is electric, oh how we will all love electric combis

What a load of sh1te!

Until some of these imbeciles in Govt withdraw their heads from the rectal orifices of industry and start listening to those who actually know, these initiatives are simply going to make life worse.

Point 1. When I was playing at the seaside spending hours marching to the sea and back trying to fill up my lake it got pointed out to me that using a bucket with a hole in it made it utterly pointless. Why the *** can those in Govt see that unless homes are appropriately insulated everything poured into them - no matter how it's generated - is a freakin waste of time!

Point 2. Us poor homeowners continue to be bent over backwards and reamed on costs as we increase consumption. Industry, on the other hand, have discovered anti-consumption. They use more but pay less to do so!

Truly madly deeply fookin bonkers mad ... I look forward to the day I can leave.

I don’t like it, to be fair. Getting tired of thinking, did I tighten that, did I nip up that, is that flue sealed properly, will environmental health make me move that flue,

And Damning gas safety checks......:mad:

I read it was going to be a case of changing to Hydrogen and even mixing it with Nat Gas/Methane.

That would be the sensible way to do things. Use renewables to generate the electricity to create hydrogen then use the preexisting national grid to distribute this to peoples homes. It deals with the issue of uneven supply from renewables as the hydrogen can be stored much more effciently and cheaply than electricity which required huge banks of batteries. It avoids any major disruption to property owners who will only need to upgrade their boiler. Gas engineers won't loose their jobs, although it would require new training I would presume.

I do agree with what others have said though about the pitiful state of insulation in this country. The amount of energy that gets wasted is a disgrace and would be a fairly easy win to achieve.

Reply to Here we go again with gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock