Search the forum,

Discuss Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

big al

Helped my neighbour replace an old single rad(approx 30yrs old) for a new double rad, had to alter old pipework to fit new valves. So drained down the sysyem, altered pipe to suit new rad refilled the system and bled the rads. Switched on heating all come on fine and went off ok, but when the water gets heated the rads upstairs come on???????

What is the cause and how do i fix it please.:confused:

not too sure on the type of system, cant find a diverter valve in the airing cupboard, and it never used to do it before

if its a gravity hw, pumped heating system.
sounds like the gravity check valve is stuck open.

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got round to changing the gravity check valve, but the rads still come on upstairs when the hot water heats up....????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock