Discuss Help! Wood fired heating system conumdrum! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heating engineers = a plumber to me there all pipes and water nothing special about it and not everyone wants to be bothered with all the silly paperwork that MCS require just as easy to get a consultant to do that side

Heating engineers = a plumber to me there all pipes and water nothing special about it and not everyone wants to be bothered with all the silly paperwork that MCS require just as easy to get a consultant to do that side

No way! Some people who mess with pipes are not heating engineers not even engineers

Copper smith that's a blast from the past worked with one for 3year very clever man
proper old skool

As has been said a few times here, an accumulator tank as large as possible (min 700l @ 50l/kw from the BBU), use that to heat an unvented cyl and heating zones. Put the solar output through an immersun or similar to divert any extra energy into the unvented cyl.

Don't forget the Back End Protection / Load Unit on the solid fuel boiler... Not only for protection but also to make sure you are getting only high grade heat pushed to the accumulator. Nothing worse than pushing warm water to the top of a tank and effectively destratifying the thing.

Remember your safety controls, overheat stats etc to make sure that everything is as safe and efficient as possible.

I fitted a system in a converted pub with a brosely Hercules multi fuel stove 22kw bbu output into a 1000 litre open vent buffer using a load valve with a 210 unvented cyl for hot water the system was 12 large rads and works well the customer ordered the buffer and valve from these people https://kotly.com.pl/index.html?l=en. Took a while to arrive but good quality and reasonably priced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Wood fired heating system conumdrum! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
Back