Discuss Help with vibrating pipes, water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't really make a difference - the vibrations continue even when the WC is isolated, and my main concern is stopping them really.

I'm meaning physical isolation. Part the pipework at iso valve. Your posts mention vibs start with your flush and do not mention vibs caused by adjacent flats on same pipework. If this stops vibration replace fill valve and everything in between. If not vibs are independent of your cistern,although reading posts this does not seem to be the case.

May not be your toilet it could a problem in the flat above if it is supplied off the same rising main surely it's the landlords duty to get it repaired unless your the owner of course

I own my flat, but no others. Have tried contacting owners of above and below, nothing back yet, and their tenants are all out. We've ended up moving out for the rest of the holidays, it's literally uninhabitable,and nobody, not even the maintenance company will help us.

You need to take some professional advice contact the maintenance company after the holidays as they can gain access to above or below properties, also contact the owner of the building and explain your situation best of luck with your problem.

OK, so the people in the flat below (ground floor) came back last night, and the noise stopped the moment they turned on their taps. The noise still starts sometimes when they're using stuff down there, but stops soon after. The problem is probably in their flat. I've now got the details of the letting agent for the flat below, and will get onto them on the third.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Thanks for the update fredly hope you get it sorted......regards Turnpin:smiley2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with vibrating pipes, water hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back