Discuss Help with square thermostatic cartridge removal. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

the valve is still changing the temperature, but the output doesn't get hot enough any more, also at absolute max setting, it's still not hot enough.
That’s why I thought it has to be the cartridge
If you take the knob off, can you turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) any further?
I just wondered if it was where the knob has been put on that is stopping it being turned up.
May not apply to your model though - could be worth a try?
Other than that, and assuming the hot water is hot enough, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions 🤔

If you take the knob off, can you turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) any further?
I just wondered if it was where the knob has been put on that is stopping it being turned up.
May not apply to your model though - could be worth a try?
Other than that, and assuming the hot water is hot enough, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions 🤔
If i take the knob off,I can turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) and same result. Don’t you agree it could be a faulty thermostat cartridge.?

If i take the knob off,I can turn the shaft of the cartridge up (ie in the hotter direction) and same result. Don’t you agree it could be a faulty thermostat cartridge.?
Yes, I do agree, could indeed be. As long as the hot water is really hot, that seems to be the only explanation!
Can you return the faulty one to the plumber or supplier of the shower to get a replacement f.o.c.?

Yes, I do agree, could indeed be. As long as the hot water is really hot, that seems to be the only explanation!
Can you return the faulty one to the plumber or supplier of the shower to get a replacement f.o.c.?
Hello, I managed to change it, there is a hot water now, but when I open the flow valve to the max I hear a hard knocks, I believe it’s a pressure issue, could a cartridge cause such a thing .?

Attachments

• 92013365-8C2C-4F0E-AEC2-480F2375F802.jpeg
    92013365-8C2C-4F0E-AEC2-480F2375F802.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello, I managed to change it, there is a hot water now, but when I open the flow valve to the max I hear a hard knocks, I believe it’s a pressure issue, could a cartridge cause such a thing .?
Well done for sorting it.
It's possible there are/were entrapped air pockets in the water after changing the valve, that could cause such noises.
However that should go away after first use.
I'm not aware that a ceramic cartridge valve, or thermostatic valve, can cause such a thing.
Maybe others may know?

Reply to Help with square thermostatic cartridge removal. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock