Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Help with sizing radiator in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

Evening all. A customer has had a conservatory built about a year ago and with a small electric heater, heating it. He now wants it taken out and a radiator plumbed in. The room measures 2.7 x 2.3 x 2.3H with a slight pitch to the roof. The wall the rad will hang on is brick but the other 3 walls are glass aswell as the roof. I've never had to size up a radiator in a conservatory before and don't want to undersize the rad and he says it's too cold in the winter. I know the room will never heat up and hold the heat like a traditional room with 4 solid walls but would just like your advice. Many thanks in advance.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

half a brick wall the rest upvc or a fully brick one?

3. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

1 Full brick wall which is the side of the house. The other 3 are top to bottom upvc. Not sitting on half brick if that makes sense

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

looking around 3.2kw needed so oversize if you can

5. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

Thanks Shaun. Appreciate it.

6. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

Wow. Just looked. Gonna need to be a big rad but not enough wall space for it. Door on the brick wall into the conservatory. Max I can go is 600H x 1000mmL. Back to the drawing board.

7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

fit a myson or smiths fan convector sorted kop

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Got agree with the kopsta above , if not a small air con unit will work a treat .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christopher buzzard

Christopher buzzard GSR

Will look into it. Many thanks

10. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Cant you get a triple panel type 33 I guess

11. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Morning Town need a small air con unìt for a loft office it needs to be just a supply and exhaust model no outdoor unit any recommendations ? Cheers kop

12. townfanjon

I fitted one up the road a while ago , but customer supplied it, I think he got it off his neighbour . TBH I was well impressed with it , doddle to fit, one will work a treat in your office

13. gmartine

gmartine GSR

@KOP

I've had one of these running in the heat without a blip, you can order via amazon (more expensive) or direct to their website. I'm not experienced with air conditioners but it's German and seems well made, delivered in 5 days without fuss and I found comparable in price with similar spec devices from other manufacturers.

Professional product solutions all around air conditioning - TROTEC

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. gmartine

gmartine GSR

What did you do for the exhaust, a door/window seal or core drill an outlet?

15. townfanjon

Just cored the outlet , and it was next to a plug socket , just plugged it in lol , theres a small little coni pipe as well , but very little comes out . It doesnt have to do the old 75 mm trap , soil pipe , soakaway etc etc lol

• Like Like x 2