Discuss Help with Radiator Choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nezzer

Hi there I am currently looking to replace 5 radiators with new convector ones and am finding it hard to decide between buying some Delonghi rads from an online store or i can get some Kartel K rad compact ones cheaper from my local plumbing store.

They both are quoting similar heat output and look very similar, has anyone ever had any experience with using the K rads?

Thanks in advance for any replies

i always fit the common radiators from local merchants and are fine.
if the customer requests a certain radiator only then will i fit different type.
there white and have panels so there all pretty much the same, just depends on how much you want to spend

Hi, I'm a qualified heating engineer in Blackpool, where abouts are you? I've mainly used Stelrad elite but when using a cheaper brand i've not noticed much (if any) difference in quality or btu's.... so it comes down to personal (or customer's) choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
stelrads are good but there a bit more harsh on your cash than the others!

Standard rads are all much of a muchness now quality wise,was a crack down about 10 years ago or so when some makes were becoming paper thin and an industry standard thickness and quality brought out,probably made in the same factory in italy,so it is just a matter of the style you like and spending that extra £15.00 on inhibitor for the system

imho

Many thanks for all your replies. im gonna go for the cheaper ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Radiator Choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock