Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help with Franke Planar tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I have a Franke Planar Kitchen tap and it’s got a leak. One drop per minute.

I’ve been on YouTube and seen that there are grub screws to remove, first for the handle, then once that is off the square piece between the handle and the tap body to get the cartridge for replacement.

I have removed the grubs but the handle won’t budge. Franke support suggested it is due to limescale, which is highly likely given where I live and recommended using white vinegar. It hasn’t done the job so coming to the forum for any other ideas/help. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    465 KB · Views: 16
I take it that tap has been there for a long time? I, personally would turn off the water (hot and cold side) open the tap, wrap a cloth around the handle and gently tap it in an outward direction with a light hammer. If it still won't move try kettle de-scaler poured around the tap.

What's happened is the splines of the cartridge have become stuck in the handle due to lime scale and dirt etc. and the tap handles can be a pain to get off.

There are other methods but they become more brutal as each easier one fails.

Good luck.

Reply to Help with Franke Planar tap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
Please can you help. I’m trying to replace the cartridge on our monobloc kitchen mixer tap. I’ve found the secret hexnut and removed the handle...
Replies
Views
I have a Smeg MDQ5-CSP tap that needs a new cartridge (part number 68503). The MDQ5-CSP tap is in a difficult place to remove, so I am planning on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have this monobloc basin mixer tap in my bathroom. It was installed 11 years ago, but the hot valve has started to drip from the top...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock