Currently reading:
Help!! What is this pipe please?

Discuss Help!! What is this pipe please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jay001

Not sure this is in the right place as I'm a newbie!

We're in the process of knocking through a wall and have come across this pipe. Nobody is too sure what it is (think their main concern is it's electric and don't want a nasty shock!) but we need it out of the way!

Think it's galvanized. Very cold to start but does warm up if you hold your hand on it (suggesting there is no cold water in it).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 106
it's the coupler that's throwing everyone off. it looks weird. ignoring that it does look like water/gas threaded iron.

every now and the totally weird things crop up. i once had a section of copper to join onto and nothing i had would fit. nothing whatsoever. i cut out a section and took it tm my local brainbox guy at the best merchant in town. he tried everything on it, scrutinized and nothing would fit. wasn't deformed or anything. his best guess was at some point it had frozen and swelled, not burst but for some inexplicable reason swollen totally uniformally making it like 17mm copper or something. Thank god for Philmacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!! What is this pipe please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back