Discuss Help! No heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris_t

No I'm not a plumber, left messages for my normal plumber and called a 24 agency service but neither have called back. I have an ill 4yr old and no heat so I'd appreciate some help

Vaillant Ecotec 630 plus boiler (couldn't get through to their number after ages waiting) still under warranty. Has the LPG Conversion

Woke up this morning and no heat. The system cycles through a short burn, to pump over-run (S.7) and back to no heating required (S.0)

Thermostat is up (even turning to max makes no difference)
Turning up the required water temperature on the boiler forces a burn, but it reaches temperature within seconds.

So I assume that the water is heating locally but nit going anywhere which is why it reaches temperature so quickly.

Does this mean a pump fail (no fault message)

Could it be the condensate line frozen (the boiler is in its own little room accessed from outside so this is a risk and the pipe then goes outside) but I played hot water over the outside pipe but this seems to have made no difference.

ANy help gratefully received (or any Corgi + LPG plumbers in Frome Somerset area willing to come out today)

If the Boiler is in an outhouse, try heating the space up and let it thaw. Sorry I can't help further, live to far away.

Found it, one of the valves was frozen. Couple of minutes with a hair dryer and all is fine again. The valve is of course the only bit not lagged. Have improve the room insulation as their is a tad of a cold breeze in there (as I know having spent most of today out there)

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! No heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock