Search the forum,

Discuss help needed, Im on a plumbing course and I have my health and safety exam in 2 weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matteast88

help needed, Im on a plumbing course and I have my health and safety exam in 2 weeks, does anyone know of any sites were I can access practice exams? help would be great. thanks

Re: help needed, Im on a plumbing course and I have my health and safety exam in 2 we

I have heard that "learnatrade" is good for tech cert level 2, Its £14.95 to download but worth every penny, i got a copy for my apprentice and it has helped him with revision.

Learnatrade.co.uk

Regards
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: help needed, Im on a plumbing course and I have my health and safety exam in 2 we

only learnatrade as far as i know, get revising

Cheers steve. I'll have a look at that.

think you can buy a disk or download it, which is obviously quicker but you dont get the back up

suppose you cold make your own disks

I have my level2/3 JTL 2nd edition plumbing, NVQ and technical certificate book with a disk, but the disk is rubbish! I've been revising for weeks with this book and I've Learnt most of the health and safety section, but when I got my mock exams last week I failed miserably! It's almost like nothing from the book is relevant to the exams, yet that's the book our college advised us to buy!?

the books pretty good normally mate, but the exams get updated so the book may be a bit behind. H&S dont change that much

When you put the disk in does in connect you to the internet everytime? I downloaded it but it still doesn't work properly.

never used it but the feedback is that its god

Have you got the second edition of the book or the first?
What course you on mate? I'm on the 6129 level 2, the health and safety exam is on the whole just being sensible (unless you get a stupid amount of questions on scaffolding!)
if you are on the same course its an electronic exam and multiple choice, but the questions come from a bank of around 3 to 5000 apparently so there will be ones you won't know.

On that note does anyone have any revision software for level 3? Took my first level3/gas exam last week and found it really difficult. Despite having the corgi book and the 'safety in the installation and use of gas systems and appliances' to hand.

I got the second edition, I thought unsaid that before? My course is 6189? Is the second edition for the 6129 course?

What's the difference between 6189 And 6129? I think I've got the new laws and legislations, apparently our class are the first people to do these new exams...!

hi there im 18 months into this 6129 course myself and found that most of the health and safety exam was just all common sense,
Have found the same problems with the exams at times yet have found that sometimes having a quick read up on the next section you will be doing can help as the can interlock each other
the other thing jtl also do a level 2 revision book, i have found that helps alot more as questions seem alot more like the exam ones

Hello Matteast88 constructionskills publish a book H&S testing in construction with multiple q&a with sections relevant to all trades i.e plumbing and heating and sections relevant to everyone i.e ppe, safety signs working from heights etc,why not tie up with someone from your college split the cost of the book and test each other I believe Waterstones bookstores stock this book
good luck regards turnpin
icon7.png

I got the second edition, I thought unsaid that before? My course is 6189? Is the second edition for the 6129 course?

I may have missed it, shattered this evening. I don't know a massive amount about the 6189 as the college I'm at don't offer it, its seems to be they either offer one or the other.
On the back of the book it says its for the 6129 level 2 but I'd assume a fair amount of it overlaps.
I was just wondering if you had the first addition cause that has less info than the second and isn't as up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help needed, Im on a plumbing course and I have my health and safety exam in 2 weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do appreciated for any advices . MOD* Please use the forum PM Service to contact members! Thanks!
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock