Discuss Help me understanding my heating installation and replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

From what I can see on the new board the pump live is activated through end switch on zone valve and there must be a link to bring the boiler on that I cant see in diagram. If you follow the wiring diagram you should be ok

UH8RF controls the pump differently to a UH4 ( the former has an adjustable delay setting).

The current wiring for your UFH looks incomplete for the valve.

You really need an “as built” wiring diagram for your existing system - to properly understand how it is configured.

Looks fine to me just wire it as instructions probably picking up a neutral from somewhere by the valve

Thanks all ; much appreciated.

I guess that the wiring on the valves is generally "safe"? ie so long I don't plug 220 on those I should be safe to make a mistake? I think I need a multimeter!

Yes just follow your existing zones eg two into one

turn the power off before any works check that it is off with a multi meter

Hi guys,

Thanks so far for the ones who responded to my thread.

I am now really going for a full replacement of the current controls with Nest Thermostat ones. I think this is how the installation would look like:
  • I get rid of the the Dangoss programmer (it will be replaced with the Nests)
  • Hot water and radiators valves connected onto one Nest
  • UH8 zone 1 connected to one Nest
  • UH8 zone 2 connected to one Nest
Does that make sense?

Thanks
[automerge]1576247823[/automerge]
EDIT: actually the UH8-RF can't be used with anything else to control it. So I need a new underfloor heating wiring center. I will go for the UH4, I don't need 8, without the "RF" feature. Does that make sense to you?
If that is Nu-Heat UFH it will not operate correctly with a NEST as I was informed by Technical. Nu-Heat supply a similar unit that functions the same. also.....my concern is......why are you called Tee bag?? ........😂

If that is Nu-Heat UFH it will not operate correctly with a NEST as I was informed by Technical. Nu-Heat supply a similar unit that functions the same. also...my concern is....why are you called Tee bag?? .😂
Which "unit" do you mean? The wiring center? On paper the UH8-RF is doing the same as UH4 but with the wireless part.

Re the nickname it's a long story. :D

Which "unit" do you mean? The wiring center? On paper the UH8-RF is doing the same as UH4 but with the wireless part.

Re the nickname it's a long story. :D
The Underfloor Heating is not responsive to temperature settings remotely unless Nu Heats isused(I just believed and used theirs which worked great). Judging by your pic your Nickname came from when you served?

The Underfloor Heating is not responsive to temperature settings remotely unless Nu Heats isused(I just believed and used theirs which worked great). Judging by your pic your Nickname came from when you served?
Hm I am not familiar with Nu Heats ; is it a specific brand for the manifold? Can you tell it from the very picture of the OP? ("20191120_161226.jpg").

Nickname is from silly jokes at Uni and image is from gaming ; sorry I didn't serve. ;)

Hm I am not familiar with Nu Heats ; is it a specific brand for the manifold? Can you tell it from the very picture of the OP? ("20191120_161226.jpg").

Nickname is from silly jokes at Uni and image is from gaming ; sorry I didn't serve. ;)
Actually you are right it isn't Nu-Heat. However try to identify the Manufacterer and find out if it is possible. Regarding the "Spaghetti"... That is par for the course in most cases. Sometimes if there is an issue, it's best to call someone in.

Reply to Help me understanding my heating installation and replacement in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock